Found Object

 

Found Object Project

    The objective of reimagining something once it has already been finished was the basis of this project. The objects that I thought to reimagine were found in a Goodwill, unwanted by their original owners. I gathered my materials which were now a rocking chair for a doll, and a reindeer Christmas decoration stick of some sort. With these materials, I decided to make a rocking horse with this weird horse head on a stick

    The process involved deconstructing the chair, sanding it, drilling some holes, putting it back together, and lastly I added paint. Reimagining this rocking horse allowed for me to unlock my inner child, something that I've heard a myriad of times but never had the chance to understand. In creating something that looks weird, but painting it with pink, "girl-ish" roses, I connected with my past "weird" self who also loved "girly" things. I had realized that I was making these connections as the project was coming together, and decided to paint the horse to resemble my childhood furniture--white with pink roses and green leaves. This project gave me an unexpected opportunity to reconnect to who I once was as I am now an artist about to graduate college. 




In-process




Comments

Popular Posts